Saturday 2 September 2017

Napoleonic Italian additions

My 28mm Napoleonic collection, while primarily Perry in composition and mostly plastic or as much as possible with some metal elements, also has Warlord, Essex and Victrix units.  The latter forms my Italian contingent along with some Warlord.  Both these tend to have the same sculpting style in my eye and thus I tend to keep them separate from the Perrys. On the table they play fine together.

I was presented with a large bunch of Victrix figures from a gamer which he had already glued together but was not successful in selling in the B&B (I obviously did not see these...) .  As he headed out the door he gave me these, "knowing they will go to a good home"

I divided into like poses which turned out to be perfect arrangement for my small units and did up two batches to add to my Italian contigent.  One unit is the 2nd Italian Light Regiment which fought in Germany in 1813 as did the Milan City Guard.  The Milanese have been one of my 'bucket-list" units in their unique light blue tunics.
Italian 2nd Light Infantry
Italian Milan City Guard which fought in Germany during the 1813 Campaign

Like my other Italian units,  I went against my usual black primer and highlight technique but used a white primer and wash to complete the painting.  I don't like painting swashes of white so tried the wash method.  I am not very good at it but the effect is ok in this case and for consistency, I continued the wash on these new units.

part of my Italian contingent for Germany 1813 with an original element leading the column