Sunday 7 May 2017

Wurttemberg Light Infantry

The big game at this year's Enfilade Convention this month is the Battle of Eggmuhl 1809 in which Wurttemberg  provided a division of troops including light infantry.
While having this information in the back of my brain having recently looked upon the OOB for the game, I came across my stash of Prussian Jagers collected from the many plastic Perry Prussian Napoleonic infantry boxes I purchased.
While not perfect for the Wurttemberg uniform and equipment, I am a not precise "rivet counter" so I could employ them with the following changes:
- scrape off the cuff flaps
- added fur backpacks [differing from the Prussian types]
- used Austrian shakos after scraping off all the Austrian details and painting on the gold bits
- of course applying the appropriate uniform colours.
I used a different arm - modified French in this case - to have an NCO pointing as a focal point for variation rather than the whole unit in a rather unique, and rather unalterable pose .

The advantage of plastics is the "scape-off or glue-on" ease.